Guardian GFR1704 Freeze-Resistant WideArea™ Eye/Face Wash
Model GFR1704 Description
Freeze-resistant WideArea™ eye/face for pedestal mounting. Freeze-resistant valve and supply line are buried below frost line to protect against freezing. Unit is designed to drain completely after use, so that no standing water remains in unit and possibility of freeze-up is eliminated. Since unit is intended for use in cold weather conditions, consideration should be given to supplying unit with tempered water in accordance with ANSI Z358.1-2014.
- Spray Head Assembly: Four GS-Plus™ spray heads. Each head has a "flip top" dust cover and internal flow control.
- Valve: 3/4" IPS freeze-resistant valve with push plate. Valve body and supply line are buried below frost line to prevent freezing. Valve has 1/8" IPS bleed outlet to permit water standing in unit to drain out after use. Specify bury depth of valve when ordering.
- Bowl: 11-1/8" diameter stainless steel.
- Pipe and Fittings: Schedule 40 galvanized steel. Furnished with orange polyethylene covers for vertical piping for high visibility and corrosion resistance.
- Supply: 3/4" NPT female inlet.
- Waste: 1-1/4" NPT female outlet.
- Sign: ANSI-compliant identification sign.
- Quality Assurance: Valve and spray head assemblies are factory assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
Spec Sheet Links
Available Options (Call 888-503-7937 for fast help)
- [P] Orange ABS plastic bowl.
- [GRN] Safety green ABS plastic shower head.
- [YEL] Safety yellow ABS plastic shower head.
- [G6020] Thermostatic mixing valve to blend hot and cold water to deliver tepid water. Valve has flow capacity of 13 gallons (49 liters) per minute at 30 PSI (2.1 bar) pressure drop. Valve can be used to supply emergency eyewash, eye/face wash or drench hose unit. Depending on water supply size and pressure, valve can supply multiple units.