Guardian GBF2173 Safety Station
Model GBF2173 Description
Barrier-free eye/face wash and shower safety station for surface mounting. Unit is ideal for use on concrete masonry unit (CMU) and other walls that cannot be penetrated. Unit has exposed shower head and swing-down eye/face wash with drain pan. Stainless steel cover provides attractive appearance and protects unit when not in use. When activated, cover serves as pan to collect waste water and return it into unit for drainage. Rather than connecting to building drainage system, unit has 1" IPS stainless steel drain on front of unit for waste water. Front drain eliminates need for connection to drainage system while facilitating regular testing of unit.
- ADA compliance: When installed at recommended mounting heights, unit complies with ADA requirements for accessibility by handicapped persons.
- Shower Head: 10" diameter stainless steel with 20 GPM flow control.
- Shower Valve: 1" IPS brass stay-open ball valve with stainless steel "panic bar" actuator.
- Cover/drain Pan: 16 gauge stainless steel combination cover and drain pan. Grasping "panic bar" handle and opening cover pulls spray head assembly down from vertical to horizontal position, activating water flow. While unit is in operation, waste water is collected in drain pan and re-directed to daylight drain for drainage out the front of unit. Unit remains in operation until cover is returned to closed position.
- Eye/face Wash Spray Head Assembly: Two FS-Plus™ spray heads mounted on supply arms. Each spray head has individually adjustable flow control and filter to remove impurities from water flow.
- Eye/face Wash Valve: 1/2" IPS brass plug-type valve with O-ring seals. Furnished with in-line strainer to protect valve from debris and foreign matter.
- Mounting: 16 gauge stainless steel cabinet for surface mounting on wall.
- Pipe & Fittings: Exposed pipe and fittings are brushed stainless steel.
- Supply: 1" NPT female inlet.
- Waste: 1" IPS stainless steel drain elbow on front of unit.
- Sign: ANSI-compliant identification sign.
- Quality Assurance: Unit is completely assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
Spec Sheet Links
Available Options (Call 888-503-7937 for fast help)
- [PCC] Polished chrome plated brass shower supply nipple.
- [AP250-018SS] Brushed stainless steel support brace for wall mounted showers. Brace mounts above or below shower.
- [AP250-065] Modesty curtain for wall mounting.
- [G6040] Thermostatic mixing valve to blend hot and cold water to deliver tepid water. Valve has flow capacity of 50 gallons (189 liters) per minute at 30 PSI (2.1 bar) pressure drop. Valve can be used to supply emergency shower or combination safety station. Depending on water supply size and pressure, valve can supply multiple units.