Guardian GBF1670 Recessed Emergency Shower
Model GBF1670 Description
Recessed emergency shower with ceiling mounted exposed shower head. Recessed shower conserves valuable floor space, while eliminating the clutter and obstruction created by conventional shower equipment. Unit can be installed in either a corridor or a lab room, close to where accidents might occur.
- ADA Compliance: When installed at recommended mounting heights, unit complies with ADA requirements for accessibility by handicapped persons.
- Shower Head: 10" diameter stainless steel with 20 GPM flow control. Furnished with vertical supply pipe and ceiling escutcheon for mounting shower head at desired height below finished ceiling.
- Valve: 1" IPS brass stay-open ball valve with stainless steel "panic bar." Pulling bar down activates shower; shower remains in operation until bar is returned to original closed position. Furnished with stainless steel access panel and 1" IPS unions for valve.
- Mounting: 16 gauge stainless steel cabinet with flange featuring 3/8" return for recessed mounting in wall.
- Pipe and Fittings: Exposed pipe and escutcheon are brushed stainless steel.
- Supply: 1" NPT female inlet.
- Sign: ANSI-compliant identification sign.
Spec Sheet Links
Available Options (Call 888-503-7937 for fast help)
- [AP250-065] Modesty curtain for wall mounting.
- [AP280-235] Electric strobe light and alarm horn unit for recess mounting in finished wall. Light illuminates and horn sounds when shower is activated. Includes additional leads for remote monitoring.
- [AP280-237] Electric strobe light and alarm horn unit with silencing switch for recess mounting in finished wall. Light illuminates and horn sounds when shower is activated. Includes additional leads for remote monitoring.
- [G6040] Thermostatic mixing valve to blend hot and cold water to deliver tepid water. Valve has flow capacity of 50 gallons (189 liters) per minute at 30 PSI (2.1 bar) pressure drop. Valve can be used to supply emergency shower or combination safety station. Depending on water supply size and pressure, valve can supply multiple units.