Guardian G1942 Safety Station with Eyewash, Freeze and Scald Protection Valves
Model G1942 Description
Combination eyewash and shower safety station. Unit is furnished with temperature-actuated freeze and scald protection valves. When water temperature drops below 40°F or rises above 95°F, drain valve automatically opens to allow water to circulate through unit. Unit is designed so that, when drain valve is open, there are no "dead legs" of water standing in unit. Water circulates until water temperature returns to within 40° - 95°F range.
- Shower Head: 10" diameter orange ABS plastic with 20 GPM flow control.
- Shower Valve: 1" IPS chrome plated brass stay-open ball valve. Valve is US-made with chrome plated brass ball and PTFE seals. Furnished with stainless steel actuating arm and 29" stainless steel pull rod.
- Spray Head Assembly: Two GS-Plus™ spray heads. Each head has a "flip top" dust cover, internal flow control and filter to remove impurities from water flow.
- Eyewash Bowl: 11-1/8" diameter stainless steel.
- Eyewash Valve: 1/2" IPS chrome plated brass three-way self-draining stay-open ball valve. Valve is US-made with chrome plated brass ball and PTFE seals. After eyewash is used, valve permits water in spray head assembly to drain out.
- Pipe and Fittings: Schedule 40 galvanized steel. Furnished with orange polyethylene pipe covers for high visibility and corrosion resistance.
- Supply: 1-1/4" NPT female top inlet.
- Waste: 1-1/4" NPT female outlet. Outlet can be positioned at either 9-1/4" or 15-3/4" above finished floor by reversing lower pipe nipples.
- Sign: ANSI-compliant identification sign.
- Quality Assurance: Valve and spray head assemblies are factory assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
Spec Sheet Links
Available Options (Call 888-503-7937 for fast help)
- [GC] Powder coated finish on galvanized pipe and fittings. Available colors include orange, yellow, red and green.
- [GRN] Green ABS plastic shower head.
- [YEL] Yellow ABS plastic shower head.
- [SSH] Stainless steel shower head.
- [AP275-200] Electric flashing light and alarm horn unit for mounting on wall or vertical pipe. Light illuminates and horn sounds when eye/face wash or shower is activated. Furnished complete with flow switch and mounting hardware.
- [AP250-015] Modesty curtain for mounting on safety station.
- [G6040] Thermostatic mixing valve to blend hot and cold water to deliver tepid water. Valve has flow capacity of 50 gallons (189 liters) per minute at 30 PSI (2.1 bar) pressure drop. Valve can be used to supply emergency shower or combination safety station. Depending on water supply size and pressure, valve can supply multiple units.