Guardian G1562HTR Portable Eyewash/Drench Hose Unit
Model G1562HTR Description
Self-contained eyewash/drench hose unit is ideal for use in low traffic areas, and where a continuous supply of potable water is unavailable for plumbed units. Unit is heated and insulated to endure low or freezing temperatures over long periods of time. Unit is fully freeze-resistant and tempered, for both indoor and outdoor environments. 15 gallon pressurized unit is ideal for floor placement near any hazard, and delivers approximately 10 usable gallons (37.9 liters) of water for 15 minutes, thus complying with the provisions of ANSI Z358.1-2014 for eyewashes.
- Tank and Jacket: 15 gallon stainless steel pressurized tank with 10 gallons (37.9 liters) usable capacity. Tank has built-in carrying handles, Schrader air intake valve, pressure gauge and pressure relief valve. Highly visible orange Diener Nylon insulation jacket is waterproof and mildew resistant.
- Heating Element: Silicone drum heater is attached to the tank with a spring latch. Water temperature inside of the tank is regulated by an onboard thermostat set to 65°F. Total amp draw is 3.33A and delivers 400W of power, which allows the unit to operate to temperatures as low as -20°F.
- Ground Fault Plug: Unit comes standard with a 15A Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) with manual reset connected to a 9 foot long cord.
- Eyewash Spray Head Assembly: Two GS-Plus™ spray heads. Each head has a “flip top” dust cover, internal flow control and filter.
- Eyewash Valve: 1/2” IPS chrome plated brass three-way self-draining stay-open ball valve with stainless steel flag handle. Pressure regulator controls eyewash flow to 0.65 GPM for 15 minutes.
- Drench Hose Unit: Auxiliary hand-held drench hose for rinsing eyes, face or body. Unit has single GS-Plus™ spray-type outlet head, self-closing valve with squeeze handle, and 6 ft. reinforced PVC hose.
- Operation: To operate unit, fill with clean potable water and add bacteriostatic additive (supplied with unit). Additive protects against growth of bacteria, fungus, algae and acanthamoeba. After filling with water, pressurize unit to 80 PSI. If necessary, adjust pressure regulator to achieve maximum flow for 15 minutes. Unit should be inspected regularly and water should be changed at least once every six months. Filling instructions included.
- Weight: 41.5 lbs. empty, 124.8 lbs. filled.
- Sign: ANSI compliant identification sign permanently affixed to insulated jacket.
- Quality Assurance: Unit is fully assembled, pressurized and water tested at the factory. Unit is depressurized and emptied prior to shipping. Some assembly required in the field.
Spec Sheet Links
Available Options (Call 888-503-7937 for fast help)
- [G1540BA-R] 8 oz. bottle of bacteriostatic additive to protect against growth of bacteria and other impurities in portable unit. (Case of 4) Note: One bottle supplied with unit.
- [G1562DLY] Custom-sized stainless steel dolly for easy transport and storage. Includes (4) chemical resistant polyolefin wheels with lockable casters. Caster stems prevent unit from sliding off platform.
- [G1562HC] Two wheel hand cart for transporting and storing unit.