Guardian G1540 AquaGuard Gravity-Flow Portable Eyewash
Model G1540 Description
Self-contained 16 gallon gravity-flow eyewash unit is ideal for use in low traffic areas, and where a continuous supply of potable water is unavailable for plumbed units. Rugged plastic tank is wall mountable near any hazard. Unit uses gravity to deliver approximately eight gallons (30 liters) of water for 15 minutes through dual spray heads, thus complying with the provisions of ANSI Z358.1-2014 for eyewashes.
- Tank: 16 gallon capacity safety green polyethylene tank. Tank has built-in carrying handle, heavy wall construction and reinforced ribs to support weight of unit.
- Spray Head Assembly: Water flow is activated by pulling down on bright yellow eyewash tray. Integral full-flow nozzles deliver a soft spray of water. Swing tray up to storage position to stop water flow.
- Drain: Waste water is directed into drain opening in tank basin. Furnished with 3 ft. long drain hose in basin to direct discharge into floor drain, storage tank or other receptor.
- Mounting: Furnished with zinc plated steel bracket for mounting unit on wall. Unit can also be placed on countertop or other flat surface.
- Preparation: To operate unit, fill with clean potable water and add bacteriostatic additive (supplied with unit). Additive protects against growth of bacteria, fungus, algae and acanthamoeba. Unit should be inspected regularly and water should be changed at least once every six months.
- Discharge Time: Eyewash delivers over 0.5 gallons per minute for 15 minutes.
- Weight: 13 lbs. (5.9 kg.) empty, 158 lbs. (71 kg.) full.
- Quality Assurance: Unit is completely assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
Spec Sheet Links
Available Options (Call 888-503-7937 for fast help)
- [G1540BA-R] 8 oz. bottle of bacteriostatic additive to protect against growth of bacteria and other impurities in portable unit. (Case of 4) Note: One bottle supplied with unit.
- [G1540CVR] Clear vinyl cover to protect against dust and debris.
- [G1540TC] Thermal cover to protect against dust and debris in areas exposed to extreme heat or sunlight.