Guardian G6041 Thermostatic Mixing Valve
Model G6041 Description
Thermostatic mixing valve to blend hot and cold water to deliver tepid water. Valve has flow capacity of 50 gallons (189 liters) per minute at 30 PSI (2.1 bar) pressure drop. Valve can be used to supply emergency shower or combination safety station. Depending on water supply size and pressure, valve can supply multiple units.
- G6041-XXX G6040 valve installed in surface mounted powder coated steel cabinet.
- Mounting: Valve inlets can be positioned on top, back or bottom of valve. Outlet can be on top or bottom. Valve can be configured in the field for any mounting position. Furnished with heavy duty stainless steel mounting bracket.
- Temperature Control: Valve has precision thermal actuator that senses incoming water temperature and automatically blends water to preset temperature. Valve is factory set to deliver 85°F (29°C) water. Temperature of tepid water can be adjusted as required and then locked. Furnished with dial temperature gauge as standard to monitor temperature of tepid water.
- Cold Water Bypass: If the supply of hot water is restricted or interrupted, an internal bypass allows the valve to deliver cold water only. In bypass mode, the valve delivers 38 GPM (144 L/min) at 30 PSI (2.1 bar) pressure drop.
- Hot Water Shutoff: Valve has internal PTFE valve seat. If the supply of cold water is interrupted, the valve will close completely and not deliver any water at all, eliminating any possibility of scalding.
- Flow Capacity: Refer to table below for flow capacity of valve at specified pressure drops.
- Checkstops/Filters: Each inlet has a lockable shutoff valve for maintenance, internal check valve to prevent backflow and stainless steel basket filter to remove debris from the water flow.
- Construction: Valve meets the requirements of the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act as lead-free.
- Inlet/Outlet: 1" NPT female inlets and 1-1/4" NPT female outlet as standard.
- Quality Assurance: Valve is ASSE certified under ANSI/ASSE 1071. Valve is fully assembled and factory tested prior to shipment.